Monday, August 24, 2009

Still Biting Off More Than I Chew

And still, nonetheless, chewing.

I am attempting to squeeze out a few last pieces for $ before we go, just to make a little dough, because money is money, right? How else am I going to afford our fabulously luxurious lifestyle? I have this crazy notion that I'm going to not only blog on our trip, but I'm going to do some freelance work, as well. Talk about getting in over my head. I'll be lucky to get anything done, especially when we're camping, but as the saying goes, with greater challenge comes greater reward. And nobody is going to hand you a new life on a platter, you have to kick and scream and work hard for it. Such is life.

I'm bringing my laptop along and will attempt to keep my finger in the proverbial pie, especially in light of the fact that this going to be an adventure, and then some. Lack of planning definitely makes for an interesting adventure, and our lives are all about adventure, even though it makes those of us inclined to control thing obsessively a bit uneasy. It's a great way to lighten up, if you can open your heart and your mind to the infinite possibilities and always keep in mind that things are never as bad as they seem, then magic awaits you.

Besides, the idea that we are in control is a complete illusion. Things never work out the way you plan them, at least in the grand scheme of things. You really have to learn to adapt and roll with the changes, and rather than live with the illusion that you are in complete control, embrace the wonderful and whimsical unpredictability of life. In a way, this is something our kids remind us of.


Until the next time, thank for reading, and thanks to sanja gjenero for the pic.

No comments: