Friday, October 8, 2010

Penultimate Market

Last week the we had our second to last market and the clock is ticking down to the last one. I can't believe we've made it this far, and I have to confess, I am completely unmotivated and not very keen on the idea of making dumplings. I have the ingredients, and even went out to Pomfret to get the beef, 10 pounds of it. R reminded me that we only had one market left and didn't need that much beef, but we can freeze it and now we have killer meat for the Winter.

Whatever be the case, the market was nice. It was slated to be very slow, and only a fraction of the vendors were there. We did it differently this time and actually cooked on site, which we think makes for a better product. We sold out quickly because we really hadn't brought too many dumplings, so it was bound to happen, but again, it was an enjoyable time. We saw many friends, and it felt good to be back. Low stress.

Also, the weather was beautiful, not too hot or cold, and the band was one of my favorites, Second Wind I think they're called. Just a duo, a man on guitar and woman singing, but they do a fabulous job.

Now we have to bear down and make dumplings for this Friday. I'm having a really hard time finding the inspiration, but hopefully it'll come soon. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Mohammed Odeh for the pic.

No comments: