Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Catching Up With Me

It’s funny how life has a way of catching up with you. What I mean, of course, are those darn dumplings. It also highlights the dangers of getting too complacent and having way too much time in between gigs. Last week we skipped the market, which meant that we were free from the torment of making dumplings for about two weeks.

The reason it worked out this way was because we missed a market due to weather, so we had all these dumpling already made for the following week. After that market, we skipped the next one, so we didn’t have to make dumplings right away. Believe me when I tell you, it was nice. Freedom is a beautiful thing.

The problem is, the market is coming up, and now we have to make up for lost time. Ideally I would have been preparing during the previous week to soften the blow, but I was literally basking in leisure time and waited until the weekend. At that point, it was getting to be crunch time, and not only had to get my act together, but I had to battle inertia and lethargy, two very strong forces.

We managed to get it done, as always, it wasn’t as bad as we anticipated. Don’t get me wrong, it was still a bummer, and takes up huge chunks of your day, but things are winding down, and soon we’ll have so much free time that we won’t know what to do with it. Then again, maybe not.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to RIC for the pic.

No comments: