Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Well, I can’t believe it’s finally here, but Merry Christmas to everyone.

It seems different every year, but this Christmas really seemed to creep up on me, most likely because there is so much going on. We have been running around with hockey and other assorted activities, which all wound down this past week, coupled with getting things together for the holidays. I made a concerted effort not to be cynical and grumpy about all the responsibilities and to just go with the flow, and for the most part, I think I succeeded, though this blog suffered. Then again, if that’s the main casualty of the holidays, it’s not such a bad thing.

It was quite a mad dash to the finish line this year, and again, it’s all because of hockey. It takes so much time just getting to games and practices. Factor in helping coach, writing the game summaries, and being the scheduler, and it’s nothing short of insanity. That’s the way we like it, right?

I managed to get all of my Christmas cards out by the end of last week, not to mention packages to various family members. What was interesting and serendipitous was that I used my last address label and stamp on my last card. Don’t ask me why, but I think that’s kind of cool, for practical and spiritual reasons.

We had our last hockey game before Christmas last week, and there will be no practices until next weekend, so the question becomes, what are we going to do with ourselves? I wouldn’t mind doing some skiing, and there will be plenty of chance to do some skating, so no worries.

For now, we’ll just relax and enjoy the holiday. Merry Christmas to everyone, and thanks for reading, and thanks to mlamprou for the pic.

No comments: