Thursday, August 29, 2013

Stacked

Despite the million and one things that need to be done around here, at least one thing is finished, and that’s this year’s wood. I’m glad for that, but let me tell you, it was a bit of a rush. I know people who split and burn, but I personally think the longer it has to dry, the better. Ideally it would have a year to sit, but when does that ever happen? Actually, more often than you’d think.

Either way, I had the wood sitting around, it was just a question of splitting and stacking it, and now it’s finally done. I have to confess, I rather enjoy looking at a completed wood pile. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but it’s nice now and then to see the fruits of one’s labors, is it not?

I still haven’t heard from our wood man, though he’s come through for us every year and I shouldn’t fret, but I have considered talking to another logger. Even he might not be able to get me wood, but it’s good to get the word out. You just never know.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sarah Fleming for the pic.

No comments: