Thursday, February 4, 2016

More Good Help

Before the kids got sick, and I guess afterward, they were helping me out a lot around the house, and believe me when I tell you that the extra help is extremely welcome on a number of levels. Of course it's great for my tired old ass to get some assistance because not only am I falling apart at the seams, but I just never seem to have enough time. Even when I can get it all done, it means running at warp speed at all times and never getting a break, which can get old fast.

The kids are not only very capable of doing various chores like filling the wood/kindling boxes, shoveling snow, and making meals, but they are more than willing to lend a hand. Dare I say they welcome the challenge and maybe even enjoy it? That might be pushing my luck, but all in all, I've yet to meet with resistance, or for that matter disdain, for my requests for help. Perhaps they just sense that I'm stressed and would lose it if they gave me a hard time, in which case they are just being smart and tactful. Or they may be sympathetic to their whiny dad. Whatever be the case, they do a wonderful job, and it's good for them to take some responsibility and lend a hand. It builds character, teaches them responsibility, and it helps out yours truly. Definitely a win-win situation. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Melesse for the pic.

No comments: