Monday, June 5, 2017

One Step Closer

On the subject of surfing, we are plugging along over here. We are awaiting one more piece of body protection (booties) and we are ready to go... sort of. There is the one problem of not having enough boards, but needless to day dad is working on that one. The kids tried on the wetsuits and they fit nicely, and I was stoked to find out that, hard as this is to believe, my wetsuit still fits me. Amazing, is it not?

The weather is maybe a bit too cool to surf, though that's what a wetsuit is for, right? People talk about needing all these high tech cold water suits and apparel, but I've found, generally speaking, talk is cheap, and everyone talks. You really don't know until you go out there and find out for yourself, so we may just have to do that. Also, there is too much going on in our lives to make the long trek to the coast, but slowly things are starting to drop out of daily calendar. Then again, as things drop out, others drop in. You just can't win.

My feeling is that once we get the booties, we are ready to hit the waves. We can do this with just one board, I'll just bob in the water and guide and instruct the kids. Eventually I'll have a board and we'll all hit the waves, but this is really about getting the kids interested in what I think is one of the coolest sports around.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to CW for the pic.

No comments: