Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Awkward

We are in the throes of an awkward situation, one I've never really had to deal with and to tell you the truth, don't know if I'm mature enough to do the right thing. You see, we have some good friends who are very similar to us. Funny how that works. They are a few years younger, but they are a young family with a son and daughter much like ours.

Now we'd always seen them as the model family, nice looking, prominent in their church, active in the school, and all around good people. Very traditional, he worked hard at building houses (high end stuff) while she raised the children and worked at the school and had an amazing garden. The model family, really.

And then it came to light that she'd been having an affair. Not just one, but several, and they were on the verge of splitting up. But in the best interest of their family, they are making a go of it together, and that's commendable, but it brings up this situation.

They want to get together, we'd done it in the past, but hadn't seen them in literally months, if not a year. We'd just lost touch. Now that there is this huge elephant in the room, they want to get together, and honestly, I don't know if I can deal with it. I know I'm being childish, but it's so awkward, and almost gives me the impression that they are approaching it like nothing ever happened. It's very odd.

Either way, we can run, but we can't hide. We're going to have to confront this at some point, we just don't know when.

Until then, my name is Fred Lee, and thanks for reading.

No comments: