Monday, December 1, 2008

Nice Weekend

We had a nice weekend because it involved the things we like most-mainly time spent with family and friends, in that order. At least that's the way I see it. We had a really nice Thanksgiving, and I'm not sure if I talked about it, but we went over to the B's house for desert and spent a really nice evening with them and A's folks. Super nice people, and I really enjoyed just hanging out with them. It's always nice when you meet nice, down to earth people, much like many people out here in our town. Best of all, everyone has fun, because A and C are best friends, though I still wonder about how N fares.

On Friday night I was slated to go out drinking with Paul, but I made a blunder and had to back out because we had planned on going to family skate night at Union Arena and had also planned on going to the store. I ditched the store plans and we went to skate, and it was a blast. The kids had a lot of fun, and I got to make good use, once again, of my LL Bean Bag. Speaking of which, I requested another one for Christmas. It's just the greatest thing, ever.

Skating was fun, I was surprised how long everyone lasted because I was yawning up a storm. In fact, we brushed the kid's teeth assuming they'd crash out on the ride home, but the hung in there, and it worked out well. Best of all, we got to hang out together and skate. Life is good.

We have been slacking big time on our academics, and it's a bit of a downer but nice to take a break from butting heads with them over doing their workbook stuff. And, it spares me from having to come up with lesson plans in History, Health and Science. Then again, putting things like that off make me anxious. Today is Monday and we'll have to get back in the swing of things.

We finally put our snow tires on, and it was actually a nice scene, a sign of life in a small town. I have to go read to N, however, so I've got to finish this later. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: