Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back in the Fray and Small Divine Intervention

Like all parties, the fun had to end, and now that our big day has passed, reality must set back in. In other words, time to make more dumplings. Why exactly are we doing this to ourselves? In act of minor divine intervention, however, we did run out of dumpling wrappers, and when we visited our supplier, she had run out, as well.

Now this is a double-edged sword, because on the one had, it's a good thing because it forces us to not spend the entire day cranking out hundreds of dumplings. On the other hand, this is bad, because we can't make nearly enough dumplings and will be forced to do it during the week, which translates into me, myself, and I being the one who will have to do it. I guess it's a lucky break for R, though she will express the required sympathy while breathing a huge sigh of relief on the inside.

On the anointed day when we had to begin, which for the record, we were not looking forward to, R said "I am so not into doing this," to which I replied, "Look on the bright side, you're not me and don't have to spend all week making them." You have to love the bright side of things.

Meanwhile, we had to prioritize. We made a majority of the beef dumplings we'll need, but during the week, we'll have to get more wrappers from our alternate source, who is more expensive, but more reliable. At that point, which will hopefully be Monday, because Tuesday is cutting it close for the Wednesday market, we'll have to crank out all the other dumplings, which will be a chore, but doable.

Guess what I'm going to be doing for the next few days, in between working on my tan, of course.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Vivek Chugh for the pic.

No comments: