Thursday, March 31, 2011

My First Pitch

Okay, time to flee the nest and move on with my life. As I mentioned, my introduction to writing is coming to a close, and in light of the fact that it coincided with my getting my website up and running, I have to take that as a sign that I need to get off my rear end and get to work.

This involves writing query letters and pitching my ideas, which in turn requires that I come up with some ideas. Yikes! My first thoughts were to write some pieces about the farmer’s market, and now is a good time to pitch it. If anything, I may be a little behind the curve, but I can’t worry about that.

I have a few targets in mind, so I need to get working. I’m a little scared about this new chapter, but excited as well. These are the first steps to getting my glorious freelance writing career started, the same one that will help support our fabulously luxurious lifestyles.

With this in mind, I can’t hesitate. Just do it, right? Wait, who said that? This should be good, so stay tuned for more drama.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Justin Taylor for the pic.

No comments: