Saturday, October 15, 2011

Last of the Ski Equipment?

We were at Golf and Ski Warehouse and they had a massive sale on equipment. The last things we needed were gloves for N (his have holes) and goggles for A. She mentioned wanting a pair that she could wear over her glasses, and I’m all for it. We found a nice pair that weren’t expensive, and the sale made it even better, so we jumped on that. We are also all set on N’s gloves, which we got at Henderson’s, so we are ready to rock and roll.

On a side note, I found a pair of clear goggles that were cheap, the reason being that the cost of goggles is all in the lens. If you get a pair with low tech/clear lenses, the goggles are cheap. Once you start delving into high tech/tinted lenses, and there’s plenty of that out there, then you pay dearly for it. I just wanted something to wear in low light because as I become an old man, I have trouble seeing the bumps in the snow with tinted lenses, and I need something to keep the wind out of my eyes. Boy, life sure is complicated, isn’t it?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Megan Dodson for the pic.

No comments: