Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Getting Pic'd

R got her pictures in the local paper, which is pretty cool when you think about it. Since I’m writing the local hockey report, I inquired if they’d be interested in some pics, as well. Actually, I didn’t inquire, I just submitted them and said they were free to do with them as they pleased, and they liked them. They also gave me a byline, so our glorious careers in media have begun.

The bonus to all this is that R gets to take part in hockey in a way that speaks to her, and this makes our obsession with the game a little more tolerable. I’m still a bit cynical about the whole hockey/parental obsession, and feel the need to strike a healthy balance, but I am glad for the fact that R can get some satisfaction out of it.

Plus, she really enjoys taking the pics, so it’s all good. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to CubaGallery for the pic.

No comments: