Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Still Sick

I know how this guy feels.

Hi to all, sorry for my absence, dealing with many fronts over here, finding it hard to attend to this blog. No excuses, right?

One big downer has been my bout with illness. I think I’m going on week 4 of being sick, and there’s no end in sight. This round of disease has been simply awful, not so much for the severity of it all but the duration. I can’t seem to shake this cough, it keeps me up at night and I wake up feeling tired and depressed. I don’t want to keep R up at night, so I sleep on the futon, which doesn’t always help.

I can trace how long I’ve been sick by, of all things, hockey. I remember it was when A played in Northfield and N played in Rutland. I had to drive to both games, and believe me, it was brutal. Not only was it covering a huge distance, but I was sick as a dog. That weekend was 1/19. I think it was the flu, because it hit me hard, and then it tapered off for a few days but never really went away. Just when I thought I was feeling better, I got what seemed like a head cold that migrated to my lungs, and now I’m sick once again.

On the one hand, it’s like a completely new cold, while on the other, it’s like the old flu bug was just laying in wait to morph into something new and launch a new assault on my body. Total bummer. I remember when A got sick, she seemed to cough for about a month. N is on the final leg (I hope) of his cough, which is going on week 3 or 4, and when I talk to other parents, they say their kids coughed for what seemed like forever. I can sympathize.

I’m guessing we’re experiencing this year’s flu, and it’s a nasty one. I can’t wait to feel healthy again, it’s been so long.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to skaw for the pic.

No comments: