Saturday, October 18, 2014

Studio Time

A has begun to write her own songs and it's a very cool thing, in my opinion. It's not only cute, but a great creative endeavor that I support and encourage 100%. She performed her song at an open mic and it blew me away because not only was it a cool song, but it was the first time I'd heard it. I didn't even realize she was sitting up in her room composing music.

We thought it would be a cool thing for her to actually record the song in a semi-professional manner, just to what it's like. Nothing too fancy (i.e., expensive) just a way to preserve the song and let her experience what professionals might know. At her last lesson, she and EE laid down an initial track and he went home and cut an MP3 for her to practice with. He said he could put in some bass and drums, and then she could come in and sing. He is streamlining the operation because he could see the look of consternation on my face when I inquired as to how much the whole endeavor would cost. This way, we are streamlining the process and thus making it economical.

It should be interesting, and at the very least, it's fun and cool for A, and that's what it's all about, right?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to the Limehouse Recording Studio for the pic.  

No comments: