Monday, July 13, 2015

Good Help is Right At Home

I learned an important lesson this past week, and that's that in order to survive the rigmarole that I call my daily life, I need to employ the assistance of the kids. That's the only way I'm going to maintain any semblance of sanity, and I learned this firsthand this past week getting ready for the market. I had so much to do and was being pulled in so many directions, at some point I realized I couldn't do it all. As I was scrambling to finish up certain things, I asked the kids to help, and they were more than willing to jump into the fray... as if they had a choice. To their credit, they do a great job and take it very seriously, maybe because if they don't they'll hear it from their crabby dad. Whatever be the case, they ended up making their own lunches, cleaning up afterward, and even helping me break down and clean up the falafel making station. It was not only a cool thing, but very helpful. Don't you just love when that happens?


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to JD Hancock for the pic.

No comments: