Friday, July 24, 2015

Slow and Steady

We finished our third market and things have been slow but steady, though looking on the bright side, we scored beautiful weather after what began as a miserable day. For all it's worth, we are getting our preparation legs in good condition and have not run out of supplies for two weeks running. Usually we run out of tomatoes or sauce, but we've bee prepared. The downside of this is that we have leftover supplies and they often end up in the compost, which is a bummer, but the price you pay when you're chasing down the American Dream.

The days leading up the market were hot and miserable, and then a storm came through and cooled things down. It was clear and fairly pleasant in the AM, then a storm rolled through about 2 hours before the market, which was a total bummer. I took A to work and then went to the big city only to be greeted with torrential rain. What a bummer. I went to the library and read and took a nap, and by the time I woke up, the storm had broke and I could see blue skies. That sure changed my disposition. I drove over to the market location and set up, and we had beautiful weather for the rest of the day.

The market was good, we had some busy stretches and again, were well supplied, but somehow we keep thinking we're going to have these incredible days and they end up being "just good." Personally I think the market has been a little on the slow side, and we do have more competition in terms of food. In the end, I shouldn't complain, it was fine, it's just not as fine as we'd thought. Boy, you just can't please some people, can you? I'll stop whining now... what a novel concept.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to steve for the pic.

No comments: