Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stoked on Wetsuits

Before we left for Cali we had a problem with N's wetsuit in that it tore at the knees. Total bummer. I was going to try to fix it but wasn't sure how much I could really do. Stitching and gluing neoprene is not the same as sewing a pair of jeans. I was a little bummed because I figured since I got the wetsuits at such a good price, I was sacrificing customer service, which is often the case. Since the wetsuit tore while we were using it, they had ample grounds to deny fixing or replacing it since it wasn't necessarily a defect in the manufacturing... or was it?
Hard to say, but truth be told, the wetsuit was only about 3 months old and hardly used. I figured that I had nothing to lose in trying, and lo and behold, my efforts paid off.

I first contacted the company that sold me the suit, SwimWear Outlet, which has good customer service. They said the suit should be covered by the warranty, but that was covered by the manufacturer. I then contacted Hyperflex, and they told me to send it in and if they couldn't fix it they'd give me a new one. Wow, I suddenly went from bummed to stoked, though it meant that N would be without his suit for a couple of weeks. He actually got around this by wearing A's suit, since she's been too busy to make it to the waves.

I packed up the suit and sent it off, not really know what to expect, and within two weeks they sent it back, all fixed up and ready to go. I love when that happens. It just goes to show you that good customer service still exists, you just have to make a little effort to find it. I'm stoked on Hyperflex and SwimWear Outlet, both have been good experiences for us.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Bill for the pic.

No comments: