Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Last Hurrah

-->
Ski season is winding down, and would under normal circumstances be done and over, but we hardly (ever) have normal circumstances here in New England. First off, the winter has been all over the map, starting off with a couple of cold brutal weeks (with snow) in December, followed by up and down temps for the rest of the season. Not a huge amount in terms of snow, though ski season was manageable. At some point in February we got this major warm spell with rain and I figured that the ski season was over, so much so that I had set my mind to milder temps and spring activities.

Then we got hit with this major storm, and now we're getting another one. Can you believe it? I realize it's still March and we've gotten snow storms around April, but this is crazy. Normally I'd be stoked to get more snow so we can ski, and would be calling our local ski hill to see if they're still open (they said they would close this past weekend). However, I'm sort of over skiing at this point, and have a hard time getting too excited about it. I think N has one more day teaching the kids, so we'll probably get one last hurrah in, but after that, I'm ready to put our ski equipment into storage.

Time to break out the bikes and surfboards. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Martin Griffiths for the pic.

No comments: