Saturday, March 10, 2018

More Snow?

-->
I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning that I'm ready for spring because the weather is about as predictable as the, well, the weather, right? Case in point, we were having some nice, warm temperatures that really got me in the mood to don shorts and a t-shirt, and lo and behold, we got slammed with another storm. Not some tiny little sprinkling of snow, but a major storm that dumped at least 15-16 inches of snow, maybe up to as much as 2 feet. I kid you not. We were finally thawing out of the last snow storm which created a bit of a logistical nightmare for us, mainly because I didn't take care of it thinking it would all melt, and it didn't. Well, sort of, but it's been cold enough at night to freeze everything, which created some serious snow ruts and made driving and getting firewood a bit of a challenge. I was hoping for a really warm day to chisel away at the stuff with a shovel, but it just hasn't gotten cold enough.

The stuff that's been exposed to direct sunlight during the day has melted, thankfully, but there's a significant shaded by our house that has stuck around, especially on the path to get firewood, which is a must. Naturally, as the temps dropped, it froze to a solid sheet of ice, and now it's an uneven surface. Once the big storm came, we had to shovel the snow but it wasn't easy because it's not a smooth surface to clear.

I know, I'm just whining as usual, and I have nobody to blame but myself. You'd think I'd have learned by now but it amazes me to this day how many mistakes I repeat. Then again, a day without whining is like a day without sunshine, right?

We've had two big storms (“noreasters”, as they're known) in the past few weeks, and I'm hearing that we might get another one later this week, so there is ample opportunity for me to whine at that time. Stay tuned for more.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ruthanne Reid for the pic.

No comments: