Sunday, December 25, 2011

Breaking Out My Chainsaw

Tuesdays aren’t supposed to be like this, are they? That’s not completely true, when A had rehearsal and auditions, every day was a nightmare, but otherwise, we usually only have hockey. This past Tuesday before Christmas was a bit of a scramble. I now have “learn to play” hockey, which takes up the early morning, and R had to get to work, so it was a bit of a scramble to get home.

Once there, there was the usual domestic duties to attend to, but we are also scrambling a bit to finish mom’s present, which requires creative and logistical input on the part of everyone (excluding mom, of course). I left it, for the most part, in the hands of the kids, so they feel really involved in the process, which they are.

Anyway, a good friend also asked me to help him with some heavy-duty stuff, like moving sand bags and cutting wood. My chainsaw is in storage, but I’ve toyed with breaking it out because we finally received our wood for next winter, so I didn’t need much in the way of encouragement. However, it was still another thing to deal with on an already busy day. I had to gather up al the gear (chaps, helmet, chain oil) get gas, make the mix, then fire it up, which always takes a few tries when it’s been stored.

I went over and helped out, and it was all fine and dandy. It only took about an hour and half, then I rushed back home, made lunch, and then all of us worked on our project. I think we made good strides, we just need to find a way to get over there and pick the stuff up, which isn’t easy when you’re loaded with responsibilities and have to have oral surgery, but more on that later.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to homero chapa for the pic.

No comments: