Saturday, December 31, 2011

Still Time for Hockey and Girls Day Out

Not that we need more time to ice skate, but the truth is, the more ice time N gets, the better his skill level will improve, and more importantly, his confidence.

With this in mind, last weekend they had a Christmas open skate with Santa, and we all got into the act. The place was a madhouse, crazy crowded, but loads of fun. A good chance for everyone we know to skate together, for better or worse. Then they had an open stick for all players and family members to take part, for free. N was all for it, so I took him to be with his friends. Again, it was quite a scene, and a good chance for dads and a few moms to get out on the ice and show off for their kids. Pretty impressive stuff, while I was disappointed at having to watch on the sidelines because of my recovery, those dads are pretty good and I would have been way out of my league. Then again, what else is new?

We couldn’t have a day without drama, either. We forgot N’s gloves, so it was going to be hard for him to play hockey. He was so bummed, but at some point, I need his help in making sure his gear is all together. I have too many things to remember. Either way, the plan was for us (or rather N) to go skating and A and mom to spend the day together. They realized we’d forgotten our gloves and tried to call us but I had the cell phone turned off, duh. In a stroke of good luck, they brought the gloves over.

This was good because I scrambled all over the arena looking for an extra pair of gloves, and nobody had any. I finally located one mom who had a pair, which she lent me, but right then mom showed up with N’s gloves. Brilliant. Another happy ending, but also a good reminder that we may need to keep an extra set of gloves on hand, as well.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: