Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Real Man’s Work

N did the mowing the other day, and it was too cool for words. He’s such a cute kid, so earnest, eager, and determined to finish what he started. A real man, to say the least.

I was out cutting the grass, and whenever I work outside, he usually likes to hang out and watch or take part if he can. He is fascinated with machines, and runs along behind me whenever I mow the lawn. We have a power assisted mower, which means that it has a lever you push that turns on a motor that powers the front wheels, making it easier to push. I figured that it would make it possible for him to push the mower, and sure enough, he did it. Not only that, but he mowed most of the back lawn, and enjoyed it. At least he said he enjoyed it.

Whatever be the case, he had fun, and it’s a nice way to include him in on the yard work, something he really enjoys. It sure beats watching TV.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: