Sunday, May 18, 2008

And So Goes The Writing

So I've been trying to establish a writing career with mixed results, but at the very least I'm finding that the freelance writing field is a community that loves what they do. There are all sorts of tricks to the trade, but just breaking in is the first step.

I started out doing freebie stuff on AC and Helium, but found that the key to getting real writing jobs is to branch out. Since that time, I've been doing blogs, of all things, and trying to get gigs, which I'm finding isn't so simple. Suffering from the problem of numbers, here.

At least I'm writing, and I'm enjoying it, though there's a game and art to this in terms of getting exposure and making money, and it's all about selling yourself, something I've got to learn to better do. Some of these guys are pros, I'm envious.

Still trying to find that elusive way to make more money. Where shall it be?

On the home front, things are good. We are gearing up for summer, our Spring activities are winding down and soon they will be none. Always stressing about how to maintain the social lives of our kids. It's fun just hanging around here, but kids need more. Have a few potential things lined up, but we'll see how they pan out.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: