Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sick of Being Sick

On top of all the things we have to do, I’m still sick, and believe me when I tell you, I am so sick of being sick. I need a box of cough drops like this. It must be something about physiology, but when I get sick, it seems to linger for a while, and always ends up with a persistent cough. I somehow recall as a kid always having a cough and being convinced that I had asthma, and even to this day I get hay fever and react strongly to allergens like mosquito bites and poison ivy. All of this seems to lead to the conclusion that I have a hyperactive immune system, and long after the bug that initially made me sick is probably neutralized, my immune system keeps revving up, making me feel sick.

At least that’s the current theory that R has proposed, and she knows her stuff because she’s an immunologist. With that in mind, I’m not sure how much more I can do other than go with it. It’s a drag, I’ve already missed two of my hockey games and will probably miss another. I’m not debilitated to the point where I can’t coach the kid’s hockey teams, and there is no rest for the weary in New England because there are plenty of things to do before the snow comes. Oh yeah, I’m trying to get my glorious freelance writing career going, or at least make some big bucks writing. Who’s got time to be sick?

Not I, that’s for sure. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Light Collector for the pic.

No comments: