Friday, October 23, 2015

Off To Work I Go

I've been doing a lot of double and triple duty lately and it's a little crazy, so much so that I don't have much time or energy to write. Sorry about that.

However, for a SAHD who makes little in the way of cash income, it's not a bad thing making some dough, especially with our fabulously opulent lifestyles and all... besides, my side work is seasonal, so at some point it's going to dry up and then I'll be back on the path to destitution, so I should enjoy while I can, right?

Work at the Inn has been going well, the work itself is busy but I like it, and I like the people. Like any workplace there is the usual human drama, but for the most part people get along, and I like them all. In fact, the pay is good and I can't quite comprehend why they're shorthanded. It's a good job and yet they seem to have a bit of staff turnover. Maybe there's something I don't know, but I've yet to see this with my own eyes. Oh well, maybe some things just weren't meant to be understood.

I've also been working at the hospital in patient safety, but that work is slowing down as well, mainly on my end. I hate to close the door on employment, especially since I'm in no position to take any work for granted, but ever since A started going to school, my mornings are really tough, and being an SP seems to require many morning shifts. One thing that works out beautifully is my poster boy work since taking A to school puts me in the big city, where most of the job is focused. It actually works out well, so that's a bonus. Finally, there's the farmer's market, which I am personally completely done with, but more on that later.

All in all, it's been good because I'm making some money, most of which I hand over to mom to cover our grand economic engine. I will say this, making money is rather novel for a SAHD like myself, so I should enjoy it while I can, especially with hockey and ski season on the horizon.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to 401(k) for the pic.

No comments: