Sunday, February 4, 2018

Ready to Serve

After all this talk about bailing out on the Inn, I did actually do a job for a private caterer out of the big city. I'd like to clarify that for much of the time that the Inn was putting me on the schedule, I couldn't because mom was away. Now that she's back, there wasn't much going on so the Inn wasn't calling. However, the big city caterers dropped me a line and asked if I could do a gig down in the southern part of the state. The beauty of it was that it started around 5:00 and ended around 10:00. Five hours and done. Sure, it's less money than the Inn, but more of a life for me. I'll take more of a life.

Plus, when you work in catering, or for that matter, any gig-economy type job, they are understanding of the fact that you have other opportunities and should exercise them. Or at least that's the way it should be.

I think I may have mentioned in the past that this year I'd like to work more with the private caterers, if possible, mainly for the shorter shifts and less strenuous workload. We basically prep, serve, and bus. That's it.

-->
We'll see how this goes. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ojvind Dahl for the pic.

No comments: