Friday, September 25, 2009

AWOL

I've been busy attending to other issues in life and haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like, and though I regret it, there is so much to do. I still have the Ghana piece to write and cannot contact BS until I have something for him. I know he's fuming at me. In the meantime, I've been trying to crank out paid pieces in order to make some dough, and there's the ever present goal of writing query letters to pitch my story ideas, and the daily grind of being a SAHD, which in addition to cooking every meal and cleaning entails homeschooling and a whole slew of extracurricular activities that consume a huge amount of time. This is aggravated by the fact that we only have one car, and have to factor in time back and forth the take mom into work and then pick her up. Finally, there is all my real-man training with my Mentor, which includes rescuing our lawn, maintaining 14 cords of firewood (and making a year's worth of kindling), and finishing our front deck, which sits idly awaiting our next move, though I'm getting some insight into what I need to do.

Oh yeah, did I mention that we're trying to build a house, as well? My apologies to my Mentor for the snail's pace of things, I'm sure it makes him wonder what the heck is going on. One day we'll get our act together, maybe even today!

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: