Tuesday, September 15, 2009

On Hold

My blog is currently on a temporary hold because now that we are back, we have a few obligations to attend to. First and foremost is our homeschool evaluation. We are to meet with an evaluator who will look over our work for the year and interview A to see how things have been, all in an effort to answer to the state. So begins the process of gathering together all that we've done and then summarizing it for easy perusal. I feel like a college kid cramming for exams, but I don't want to stress to much about it. Do the best you can.

However, because I am dealing with this, I can't seem to find the time to blog, at least until this week is over. We did sort of dodge a bullet on the social front. We were slated for a playdate today and weren't sure how we were going to work out the car situation. Our friend HH asked if we could watch their girls, A&I after school. I enthusiastically agreed because they get along so well with A&N, but it would have involved picking them up after school and bringing them over here to play. The problem, of course, is that R would have the car at work, and it's a busy week for her. She would have had to come home early from work and then we would take the car, which we could have done, but it's a little silly and yet another plug for the concept of getting another car, but I won't get started on that one. I always regret it when I do. Also, it's the day before our big homeschool meeting, which I was going to spend getting all the stuff together.

Anyway, HH contacted us and asked if we could do next Tue instead. Whew, it sure simplified things. Now I can spend the day stressing over our interview and searching/locating all of our school work. Boy, it ain't easy.

We also got a break on the fun front. A has horses on the same day that she was going to take dance, and it was looking like we were going to have to sacrifice one or the other, which is a bummer. It turns out the times were far enough apart to make it work, so we're glad for that.

Sometimes you got to be grateful when life throws you a bone. It's the little things in life that give you your daily dose of sunshine.

Speaking of sunshine, it's raining today... again!

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: