Friday, September 11, 2009

Funny How That Works Department

Isn't it funny no matter how hard you try to hide away from all the stuff you have to deal with in life (by going on vacation, perhaps?), when you get back, you still have to deal with it. For whatever reason, and I'd like to talk to the person responsible for this, but the world continues on whether you are there or not, and when you return to the grind, it awaits you, only this time a bigger and even more demanding.

We've been back for about two days and already I'm feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders. Not only do we have to get back in the swing of things on the domestic front, but I've got loads of homeschool issues to confront. The state is once again letting me know what a loser I am, and next week we have end of year assessments which I have to prepare for. Reminds me of cramming for college exams. I also have to revise our curriculum for A for the 2009-10 year because I've been informed of its shortcomings, which are not insurmountable, but it's just one more thing to deal with.

On top of that, I was planning on baking bread (2 kinds), making a stuffed pumpkin, picking about a million cucumbers from our garden and figuring out what to do with them (can you give pickles for Christmas?), and then mowing the lawn and hauling firewood into the woods. I personally like the outdoor stuff because not only do I like being outdoors, but I can win real-man points with my mentor, not to mention my peers.

I've also got to arrange activities for the next school year to enrich our children so they'll be well rounded individuals. These are coming due now. I keep getting emails about dance and pottery and sports, and for whatever reason, they require my attention. Can't we just show up and have fun? No such luck.

I think I'm testing for my green belt in karate on Monday so I can move one step closer to be a lethal fighting machine.

Finally, I've got to write. I had one assignment that was given to me while I was on vacation, which I managed to finish this morning, but there is another looming on the horizon. For whatever reason, and I still can't find an adequate answer for this, but I volunteered to write a piece for a non-profit that does work in Africa. That was about a month ago, and I'd kind of forgotten about it until the guy emailed me and asked me what the heck I'd been doing all this time. Actually, I'm doing it for free, so he can't complain too much, but I still feel bad.

So how do I deal with all this responsibility? Why, by blogging, of course. What else is there in life? Now if you'll excuse me, I have to give the cats their flea medication, which always evolves into a wrestling match.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Thomas Norsted for the pic.

2 comments:

BookChook said...

I am just chuckling so much over this lethal fighting machine getting to wrestle cats!

phredude said...

Hi Susan, It's ironic when you think that the cats always win. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.