Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Musical Instruments, Raisin Bread, and Getting Things Done

The other day I saw an add on a bulletin board advertising drum lessons, of all things. Of course I sat on it for days before calling, and found out that the guy is actually local and lives in our town. How cool is that? Not sure what will come of it, but we've arranged for N to have lessons today, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will be something he likes and connects with, and somehow I think it will. At the very least it seems like it would be fun to bang things around, though having a drum set in the house might not be conducive to peace of mind, but we'll worry about that when the time comes.

We've also been out of mom's favorite raisin bread for a few days, and we've got to keep her nourished so she can go out and slay the wildebeest. There's never time to bake bread, though, between answering to the kids and training to be a real man. So I've forsaken writing for one morning to get it done. Wouldn't it be nice to have all the time in the world? Then again, when I was single, I had so much free time that I sat around and did absolutely nothing and then wondered where all the time went. Now, every moment is savored like a spoonful of ice cream. There's something to be said for that, as well as just getting things done and not whining about it. But boy do I sure love to whine...

Speaking of getting things done, I finally finished that piece for World Partners and sent it to BS. I'm sure the guy hates me and wants nothing to do with me, and I don't blame him. It's been months since I said I'd get it to him, but as usual, I bit off more than I could chew. The story of my life. I did finish it, and am happy for that, so now we can all move on. His unfortunate position is that he is not paying me a penny, so he really isn't in a position to complain, at least not to my face. In fact, I'm experiencing this very same problem with the designing of my website, which has pretty much crashed and burned because again, I'm in no position to complain since RR is doing it for free. What comes around goes around.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to take the reigns and do my own website, but that could be a disaster. Like the building of the barn, however, what a learning experience it could be.

One last thought on the subject of biting off more than I can chew, at A's choir they are looking for parents to volunteer to help out, and of course I said I would. I don't mind bringing a snack or helping out with something because I clearly do not have enough to do in my life. Well, I got a little lucky. Perhaps the maestro sensed my naivety and told me that before I commit, I should know that they'll need me for four nights in a row, and I have to show up at all four.

Wow, thanks for enlightening me. I told her I'd get back to her, but in reality, I don't think I can pull that off, though I'll give it some thought. This town runs on community involvement, and people in general are more than happy to donate their time for the good of the whole, which makes it such a great place to live. We'll see.

And in closing, just wanted to mention that I built a coat rack on the wall so that we don't have to get suited up in the mud room, which is freezing in the Winter time, literally. The pipes in that room burst last year, so we had KB come in and bypass the baseboard heating so that room is now excluded. So, that room will get no heat, but we never use our baseboard heating, anyway. It's just removed from the rest of the house so none of the stove heat reaches it. Whatever be the case, everyone is happy with the rack, though mom did comment that it was a little low, but how else can the kids reach it? For now, we're happy with it, so I'll leave it at that.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to G & A Scholiers for the pic.

1 comment:

Online Klavier Lernen said...

The stupidly so very stupidly I went and did my own thing my mean did I really have to take care of the laundry.