Saturday, April 2, 2016

Getting to the Gym

N has started LAX and it's sort of like jumping from one thing to the next, especially since hockey is technically still going on. LAX is nice because it's a little (just a bit) more relaxed than hockey and it's played outside in the warm weather, making it a pleasant experience. The only problem is that his practices are on the long side, and most parents live nearby so they just drop off and head home to get on with their lives. Yours truly lives a bit farther so it's not really practical to go all the way back home.

In the past I brought a book or my laptop and worked in the car, or even sat and watched the entire practice, which I enjoy doing but it's a lot of down time. I toyed with the idea of bringing my bike or a jump rope and getting some exercise when it dawned on me that I could head over to the gym, which is right down the road. Thanks again to the Inn, which owns the gym, I get to work out for free, so it's not a big deal if I only do a quickie. I don't need much time. I realized that despite my busy schedule, I don't get much in the way of serious exercise. Plus, I used to really enjoy working out and was at one time fairly dedicated to it. It's a winner of a situation because not only does it help to fill the time, but I get to break out into a sweat and burn off all those calories I can't seem to stop consuming. Plus, building muscles will go a long way toward my real-man training. Finally, I don't have to be that solitary parent who is sitting all by himself watching the practice. It gets sort of lonely.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to MGM Beach Resorts for the pic.

No comments: