Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Yoga Inspired

Living with pain isn't fun, and at some point you just have to either bear down and live with it, or do something about it. I'm sort of choosing the latter, though I don't quite know what I'm doing. What else is new? My Mentor will have some thoughts on this, but since the new year I've been having some issues with pain in my neck/shoulder/back. Part of the frustration is not knowing what caused it in the first place, but mostly it's just feeling pain all the time. For all it's worth the pain has abated somewhat, and instead of hurting, it's really more of an annoyance. That's a step forward, though it would be nice to be rid of it altogether.

One of the steps I've taken to help out is stretching, and the stretches I'm employing are basically yoga stretches. I'm not a yoga person (I just play one on TV), but the stretches are not that different from the ones I did when I studied karate. Very similar, and I feel better after doing them. Some of my relief must surely stem from these stretches, though it's possible that my injury is simply healing. Whatever be the case, I'm relieved and grateful, and will continue to address the situation. At the very least stretching feels good and I think it's good for the body and soul. Plus, it forces me to get up off the couch and move around a bit, which is never a bad thing.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to criminal . for the pic.

No comments: