Thursday, December 29, 2016

Going Rogue

Since we're the hip and happening family we went out to see the new Star Wars movie, Rogue One. Truth be told, I wasn't even aware that it was out, or for that matter, that it was a Star Wars movie. They haven't really hyped and plugged it like previous Star Wars movies, which I find surprising considering the Disney publicity machine is behind it. You can chalk a lot of my ignorance up to not having a TV, I am so out of touch with reality... not that this is a bad thing.

Either way, A was meeting a friend and said friend needed a ride to the theater after school and then home. This of course meant that dad (i.e., myself) was going to have to drive. Since I was driving and had to wait until the end of the movie, anyway, I figured I might as well see the movie, and that N should join me. So we headed over to the school, picked up A's friend, dropped them off at the theater and then me and N parked the car. We went in awhile after A to give them some space and then we got a large popcorn and got our seats.

I wasn't completely sure what the movie was about... actually, I knew it was a Star Wars movie but didn't realize it was a prequel to the original movie that I saw as a kid. All in all I thought they did a good job introducing the themes of the franchise and killing off the necessary characters to further the plot. I was wondering how they were going to introduce Princess Leia since she was a kid in the original, but they pulled it off with modern technology. It didn't look perfect but it was probably about as good as it gets.

I can't remember the last time I went to see a movie in the theater, but it was enjoyable, and we got to eat a big bag of popcorn. You can't beat that.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Tio hanny for the pic.

No comments: