Friday, March 3, 2017

In Need of More Sleep

Now that I'm a parent I find it amazing that kids have to wake up so early to get to school in the AM. Kids need more sleep (heck, I need more sleep), and granted they could just go to bed much earlier, but what teenager is going to do that? I am feeling the pain of early mornings because I have to take A into school, even though she drives. Since she has a first period class, that means getting there by 7:45, which means I generally have to wake up around 5:15 to get the fire going and make the fruit salad (more on this later) and write this fabulous blog. Needless to say that I get the day started tired and it lasts all day. I could ameliorate this situation by going to bed early myself. I'm talking 9:30 or 10:00, but that means mom and I don't get much, if any, time alone to chill or watch a movie. For the record, watching a movie for us means falling asleep in front of the computer and then crawling up to bed, but at least we're doing it together.

What compounds the matter is I start off the week tired and then it carries over until the end of the week. Having hockey games (adult league) in the late evening doesn't help, and now that I'm playing in the AM, I'm even more tired by the afternoon. I know, I know, I'm putting this all on myself, but at least it gives me something to complain about, right? All I can say is thank goodness for those afternoon (and evening) naps. You really take sleep for granted when you're young, but when you get older, it ranks up there with sex and eating, don't you think?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Alex Harries for the pic.
-->

No comments: