Friday, April 7, 2017

Different Perspectives

We are toying with the possibility of changing hockey associations after all the BS and drama that we experienced with WYH. This, as you might imagine, is not easy because we've spent our entire hockey lives over at WYH, dedicating countless amounts of time and effort to the program. With all that time and dedication you'd think they'd at least throw us a bone but that is wishful thinking when you're dealing with shortsighted egos. Either way, perhaps it's just a sign that it's time to move on.

With that in mind, there are a couple of possibilities, and which one is better is all a question of perspective. I was over at the other rink and saw a WYH compadre who jokingly (or not) commented that I was coming over to the "dark side." Ironically I now see WYH as the dark side, but it should be noted that I am alone in this thinking. My issues with WYH are mine and mine alone. I was also speaking with a parent from said association and he asked me what our situation was. I mentioned that we were looking at other options and his take on it was that we were seeking out "greener pastures."

So it just goes to show you that it's all about perspective, and one man's trash is another man's treasure, or something like that. Yet another adventure, so stay tuned for more.

-->
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ronald Rigdon for the pic.

No comments: