Friday, August 25, 2017

Gable Down

On the home front back in New England, I finally got the gable painted on the west end, and it was about time. I hadn't painted it since we moved in (shame on me), and it gets a fair amount of sun. I'd actually painted the bottom half a few years ago, but hadn't gotten to the upper half until now because it requires using the 30 foot ladder, which sort of sketches me out. I don't like working when I'm high up, and extension ladders get a little wobbly when you get to the top. Add in hot weather and a constant stream of hornets and it's a recipe for disaster.

I still have to the apex of the gable, which I'm putting off until the fall because it's hornet city right now and just not worth the risk. I'm still not sure how I'll pull this off, but like everything in my life, it's sure to be an adventure.

-->
Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: