Sunday, April 20, 2008

Times Are Tough

So while I am not officially broke, times are tough. Living in the Upper Valley is expensive, way more than most people realize, and since we are in essence a one-income family, it's not easy. I am struggling to find a way to make more money and am delving into the world of freelance writing, boldly going where no man has gone before. At not this man.

I've learned a lot. There are freelance jobs out there, and plenty of opportunities for the neophyte like myself. People are supportive and offer tons of advice, so I'm finding my footing. My first step was to just get some writing done, and there are several sites that will publish your writing, and even pay you for it, though for peanuts. Either way, if you've got the time, you can make some cash and hopefully establish yourself and make some money.

It's a good experience to just get some writing done. I've found a lot of it out there is complete crap, people write about the most inane things and get paid for it. Self-indulgence if there ever was any, but again, the internet is ripe with opportunities.

More on this later, got to write.

No comments: