Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best Christmas Ever

We had a fantastic Christmas, dare I say, the best one ever, at least for me. It had all the elements that make for an amazing day. The only thing really missing was five feet of snow falling from the sky, but hey, you can't have it all.

R's family came to visit and what was really nice was we just hung out and spent time together, at home. I was worried that P&D might get a little bored, but it wasn't bad at all, and P was more than eager to help out with the barn, so there was always something for him to sink his teeth into. Plus, they had a car and could go places, if they chose.

As for B&J, I think it's nice for them to hang out in a quiet, mellow but thoughtful environment and eat, read, converse, take a nap, eat some more, play with the kids, do a puzzle, make cookies, and finally, eat some more. Then sit back and wallow in gluttony. What more can you ask for? A&N really had a nice time. They love seeing their grandparents and their aunt and uncle. Plus, P&D are way more fun and hip than their stuffy, uptight parents, and they have such cool interests, so it's a welcome respite for them from the daily hyper-parenting onslaught. We really should all see each other more often. Then again, when you consider the fact that this is the third time this year we've gotten together, then you begin to realize it is really happening. I'm grateful for that.

I want to share more thoughts on this, but I'm scrambling to make up for lost time and update this blog after my long absence, so for now, I'll just say it was an exhausting but incredibly rewarding Christmas, the best ever. I'm big believer in the importance of family, and it's nice when you have the opportunity to practice what you preach.

In the meantime, have a happy new year, and thanks for reading.

No comments: