Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Clock Ticketh and More Snow

It dawned on us that we'd better get on the ball in terms of the Christmas season. There is so much going on and we've been overwhelmed with house issues and work and all that other good stuff that we haven't been attending to the important things in life, i.e., the kids and the holidays. I think we're not too late, but time sure flies when you're having fun.

Speaking of fun, we got even more snow, and it's finally looking like Vermont in December("It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...), though it puts a little bit of a damper on house building projects, but nothing insurmountable. We hadn't had any real snowfall all of November and for most of early December, which was a bummer but again, it made fixing that barn a lot easier. When it did finally snow, of course being the Grinch that I am, all I could do was complain while we tried to cover the house, but again, that's just me being a whiner. What else is new?

We got out second storm within a couple of days, and it was a winner. We must have gotten about a foot of snow, how cool is that? I think it's time to hit the slopes, and I think we may look into that next week, if not maybe this weekend. I hope my foot holds up. We made the most of the white stuff, getting out there and playing and dealing with important logistical issues, like shoveling a path to our wood and raking the roof. Our new short term plan on that roof is to eventually get a new roof put on, but in the mean time, rake it as much as possible to keep the snow from turning into ice. That would not be a good thing, but I think with a little diligence (not my forte) it can be done. Plus, when you have such hard working helpers, anything is possible, if not even enjoyable and fun.

Today is Thursday and I have to go get the snow tires put on our car. I think we're the last people in Vermont to get that done, how embarrassing. Just have to make it to the tire guys, and then I can breathe a little easier.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to cema for the pic.

No comments: