Friday, December 4, 2009

The Weather and Taking a Break

What is up with this weather? I heard on the radio that up near Portland ME the temps were around 70 degrees. Can you believe that?

Not that I'm complaining, the weather has made it easier to work outside, and there's plenty to be done. My understanding is that it's going to get cold in the coming days, so I really need to stay on top of what tiny steps of progress I can make.

In the midst of my looming deadlines, I got a call from our good friend CH and she asked if we wanted to come over for morning playdate. I said yes without hesitation because we love hanging with them, but part of me was screaming "No!" I've got way too much to do. Oh well, sometimes you have to hang up the tool belt and have some fun. This darn barn project has become a bit too all-consuming, anyway.

Besides, I'll get to work in the afternoon, and it'll be good to catch up with the H's since it's been awhile, and you can't put ice and water shield on when there's frost on the sheathing. So it's all good... sort of.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to TJ SMITH for the pic.

No comments: