Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bowling With A

We've developed a nice routine on drama nights. When A has class, N and I go bowling, one of his favorite activities. I have to confess, it's a lot of fun, and it's a scream watching him bowl, he gets so into it, and when he hits a strike or spare, the sun seems to shine a little brighter on the world. How can you beat that? Usually when N has class, A and I go to the coffee shop and have cocoa and scones and relax.

The other day, however, A wanted to change things up and go bowling. Sounds good. I don't do as much with just her, it's usually the guys and girls hanging with each other, so it was a good opportunity to spend quality time with her, and we had a blast. She's a good bowler, nice form. She must get it from her mom, who is not only a good bowler, but has good movement and form. So much so, in fact, that it's really enjoyable watching her in motion. Must stem from being a dancer.

Not to deviate too much from the subject, but I remember in NYC, before we started going out, that I used to enjoy just watching her walk down the street, like poetry in motion.

Anyway, A and I had a nice time bowling, though I ended up beating her, and I didn't want to. She's not super competitive, so she was unfazed, and it's good for her to lose now and then. She also scored big in the arcade, and won a bunch of tickets, which we liquidated for some cool flying helicopters. Half the fun of bowling is doing the skee-ball and other games, and then redeeming the tickets for toys. The helicopters were cool, though I think it's time to stem the tide of toy accumulation.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sachin Ghodke for the pic.

No comments: