Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fun Friday

The weekend, and we had a nice Friday to cap off a busy week. In other words, more things to do and places to be, but excuse me for being so darn cynical. We ventured out to get our beef and found good vibes with the farmers. Afterward, came home in time to eat lunch (the kids thankfully finished their school work in the morning) and then do some stuff around the house. By the afternoon, it was time for story hour, and again, it's nice because A&N get to hang with school kids in an afterschool activity.

There are a bunch of nice kids, though N is not into the story or the craft, so I end up entertaining him. With the nice weather, however, he can ride his bike, and we can start Spring training for the upcoming t-ball season. I hope I don't end up having to coach, but you never know.

We'd also been invited to dinner at HH's house, leaving us little time in between. We came home after story hour, got a few things together, met with R, and headed over. Just a side note, and I don't know why I'm so stupid to fall into this trap, but HH's daughter asked me what I was bringing, and I told her brownies. She mentioned that everyone else was bringing deserts and that the needed more beverages.

I should have realized she didn't completely know what she was talking about, but fell for it, anyway. We went to a couple of stores looking for drinks, but all they had were high-fructose corn syrup garbage, so I nixed that idea. I called R and asked her to get some juice. Of course, when we got to HH's, they had plenty to drink, and the OJ went unopened. I shoulda known betta.

The party was nice, and the kids had a blast, even though the temp outside was freezing. My karate teacher's wife was there, and their daughter is a super nice kid. Everyone had fun, and it was a really nice dinner, though the soup ran out quickly, and I was starving, so I ended up eating all of the bread. What a pig I am.

Wow, are we social animals, or what?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ove Tøpfer for the pic.

No comments: