Sunday, January 4, 2015

Holiday Cheer

We went to the annual Winter Solstice Party at our neighbors house, and it's one of the events I really look forward to because they have great food and plenty of good cheer. The event seems to compete with other solstice traditions so there are time conflicts, but they seem to pull it off, and it's a great time. Again, the food is amazing.

This year the kids had hockey games so we got there late. A had a morning game and then a birthday to go to with her team, which I would have loved to have attended because it was one of those all you can eat pizza parties, and I was hungering for pizza. I'm always hungering for free pizza, but I ended up missing out because N had a game down in Brattleboro at the same time. Being down south also meant that we were going to be late to the solstice celebration, which started in the afternoon and we were slated to arrive back home in the evening. So, after his game, we jumped into the car, drove home, picked up mom and A, and headed on over.

The party was actually winding down so the crowd had thinned, but the food was still aplenty. I have to confess, I made a bit of a pig of myself. I figured that since everybody had already eaten and the soiree was winding down, I could help myself. I ate more meatballs and wings than I could count, and I ate them fast. Of course, by the end I felt terrible, but it sure was nice while I was eating it. That's the funny thing about food, you don't really feel the consequences of your actions until later, which gets you into trouble.

There weren't too many kids left but A and N managed to have fun with the few that were there, mainly playing out in the snow and by the big bonfire. There is a competing event across the street that they might enjoy more because more of the families seem to attend that, so that's something to think about.


It was a good time and a nice end to a very busy day. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ingrid0804 for the pic.

No comments: