Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Finishing Early

It's that magical time of year where once again we've managed to finish the wood pile for this coming winter, and this time we've managed to get the wood done early. This allows us to focus our attention on other things, including finishing the barn, yard work, and of course, the wood for year 2. The situation is particularly satisfying when we have wood all stacked and ready to burn while also having a massive pile of logs and blocks just waiting to be attended to. We can now operate at a leisurely pace as far as the wood goes, though I think the work will continue consistently until the first snow. This makes it all the more enjoyable when you don't have a deadline bearing down on you.

This year the work was helped considerably by the assistance of A&N. It works beautifully because they enjoy helping out and they do an excellent job. I do the cutting and splitting, and they stack. I think a day will come when they can actually do the splitting, though it might more of a thing for N than A. Then again, you just never know. For now, I welcome their assistance, and it's good for them to have some responsibility, especially when it involves something as important as keeping us warm in the winter.

I'm still expecting a small truck load from DS, though I indicated that it's not urgent and I'm not sure what sort to time frame he's looking at. For now I'll just keep working on the wood we have, and believe me, there's plenty of it. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Pordeshia for the pic.

No comments: