Sunday, August 14, 2016

We're Off

We are on the cusp of our big adventure and it's a bit of an unusual path this time. Normally we are scrambling until the last minute trying to tie up loose ends and getting our stuff together, but somehow this time seems a bit more relaxed. This is not always a good thing because a misplaced sense of confidence can often lead to complacency, which can in turn lead to screwing things up, big time. I'm not saying I like to stress and rush at the last minute, but I also don't want to think things will magically take care of themselves. Then again, when does that ever happen?

It doesn't help that I had to work late last night, and got home around midnight. The weather was crazy, we got slammed by a big storm that dumped tons of rain and knocked out the power. Fortunately it only lasted a few hours and by the time I got home it was back on. It was still a late night and I couldn't fall asleep right away, then I woke up early and now I'm beat. Maybe this will help me sleep later tonight. We'll see.

In the meantime, I think I'll just keep my feet moving. Stay tuned for more. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to My Little Corner for the pic.

No comments: