Sunday, June 14, 2009

Revelations About Parental Relations

I had this brilliant revelation that actually has cropped up before but somehow I refused to rightfully acknowledge it-I think it's not such a bad thing having R's folks living in Ohio, and it's akin to divine intervention that thing didn't work out with the barn. Don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws, they are wonderful people and we enjoy their company, but there is something to be said about having some distance. Also, I can completely understand to how they value their routines and the comfort of the home they know so well.

This is all coming to light during their visit, of course. It has been a really nice time, mind you, but there are things that do crop up that realize that constantly being around certain people might not lead to domestic bliss. The things that come to mind are the constant scrutiny and judgement as well as the little bit of solipsism that is always there.

It's always great to see them, but how would that feeling be affected if we saw them every day? Who knows, but for now, it seems to work just fine.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: