Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June Comes to an End and Peony Fest

I can't believe we're almost into July, it boggles my mind, but summer tends to fly by. Now that we are active members of our community, you really begin to learn about all the things going on around here, and of course it overwhelms you. Suddenly we are faced with an amazing number of options for summer camps, and they all have the potential to be fun, but they can be expensive and I can't help but think they must be exhausting for the kids. Also, we are planning our big trip out west, so we can't really afford to get to crazy in other areas.

Still hoping for a car, but I won't get into that.

This past weekend was Peony Fest, and the weather was not cooperating, not surprisingly. Although I will say this, it rained a lot on Saturday afternoon/evening, and then Sunday morning, but stopped at some point midday and abated throughout the festival. The problem was, with the weather being so poor beforehand, it seemed to discourage people from going to the festival. The crowd was not huge, but that's what I like about it. Not too manic, like the 4th, which I think will be a little crazy.

Got to see some old friends on the 4th, G&T were there with K, and I think they enjoyed it. Spoke with KJ a bit, saw JS sans RJ, but the kids got to play. Best of all, no CB sightings, which would have brought things down, though we did see LWM, but thankfully only briefly. She passed by and that was that.

We spent the entire day at the fest, A, N, T, and Is hung out and had fun, and then it was time to go home. We were exhausted and ready for a couple of days of downtime. At least I'm ready.

Prepping for the next big weekend, July 4th. Will it ever end?

Still have to deal with website and homeschool responsibilities or my butt is in trouble. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: