Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crazy Days

Is it me, or does it seem like celebrities are dropping like flies? They say they die in threes, but it sure seems like more to me.

We are going on what seems like our 100th day of rain, and no end in sight. The forecast calls for thundershowers for the next year, and everything feels wet. It really brings me down. To top if all off, the search continues for the perfect playdate, though I'm beginning to wonder if it even exists. Parenthood is hell, but a self-imposed one.

We are in the aftermath of a playdate with T or G&T fame, and for some reason I feel down. Didn't quite plan it all so well, was going to make dinner for them because I feel bad that they make dinner for us whenever we go over there, but the offer simply complicated things, and I sensed G dancing around the desire to simply get home. The guy had a busy day, and his kid was over her for a long day, so I don't blame him one bit. It just sort of made the whole thing a bit awkward, and then I felt bad for even suggesting the thing, and then I got neurotic about the whole thing and now I'm down. Parenthood is hell.

We're supposed to have horses tomorrow, and I hope the weather holds up. The 4th is coming up, as well, and we are supposed to fulfill assorted obligations and the thought of it sort of brings me down, but what else is new? I'd love to just sit at home and get things done over here, especially when there's so much that needs to be done.

On a bright note, I'm finding a groove on the paid blogging stuff, and though it's peanuts, I figure I can make a dent by simply eating more peanuts. R's planning a big trip out west, and personally I it will be a great trip, but again, so much more planning.

Parenthood is hell.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: