Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Return of YKW

So I don't know what to make of this one, but YKW called yesterday, and I thought it showed a lot of balls on her part. What kind of nerve is that to blow our kid off for months and then suddenly call out of the blue for a playdate? Our theory is that she was bored and had nothing better to do, so why not call on your fallback plan? Her other half must have been away or unavailable, so for lack of anything better to do, call us.

I don't think so.

Again, leaves a bit of bad taste in my mouth, especially when she was so mean to A when they encountered each other, every single time. It was actually very surprising given the callous nature of her previous interactions, and in a way, I found the whole thing odd.

Unfortunately, I was outside when the call came in, and of course A answered the phone. She asked about a playdate and I said NO WAY! What kills me is that now the embers have been fanned and interest in YKW has been rekindled. What a drag.

We'll see where this one goes, but I'd like to see it go nowhere. Suffice it to say that that chapter in our lives is done and over.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Rose Ann for the pic.

No comments: